Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Deven John Alvarez




This is my 3rd oldest son, Deven. He is 14 years old, soon to be 15 (September 28) and could hardly wait because then he gets his drivers permit.

I am posting many pictures of him, because quite honestly I hardly have any pictures of him unless they are candid. He HATES posing for pictures. So these pictures were taken at a basketball camp at BYU.

The two most favorite thing he likes to do is B-Ball and Snowboarding. Since I don't have any pictures of him snowboarding, basket ball pictures will have to do.

I am so proud of him because he made the team twice for middle school and last year was a starter (point guard). I think that is awesome.... because he is not that tall. Probably 5'6" or is it 5"6'. Anyway, you get the idea. Here is a picture of him standing with his teammates, here you will see what I mean when I talk about his height.
But that doesn't stop him. He is an excellent ball handler. I love going to his games and cheering him on, because yes, he is that good.The problem with him is, he hates ketchup (it is such an ordeal when ordering at McDonald's because we have to make sure there is no ketchup in his burger). He hates vegetables, except corn and now is beginning to eat a bit more peas (that's because we force him) and eats everything plain (no extra seasoning, no mayo in his sandwiches... you get the point). So if we can get him to stop eating so much junk...maybe he will grow...Grow.... GROW! Love you Deven. :) Mom.

1 comment:

Broc said...

Wow! he's only an inch taller than me hahhaha!!