Thursday, October 4, 2007

I made home made jam!


That's right, you read that right. I actually made home made peach jam. AND I canned peaches for the winter (don't I sound pioneer - ish). It was so weird for me. I kept thinking I was Laura in Little House of the Prairie. And it was work, work, and more work. I can't say I will do this again next year but I do have to admit after a days work of doing this I was at awe at all the jars I canned (28) plus 36 pints of jam. A pat on my shoulder, I was very proud of myself. For all you canners and jam makers out there, my hats off to you. You get the title of Executive Homemaker!

John my husband, has been very impressed with me as he never in a million years thought he would see the day that I would actually can fruit and make jam. He doesn't know that his mother actually recruited me to do this. Pull a leg, break an arm.... okay, so I did it. I wonder if this island girl should make some Mango jam...NEXT YEAR. Hhhhmmm.

3 comments:

Jodene Atalig said...

I'll be waiting for my jar in the mail... :) *hint*hint*

Trixie said...

YEAH Carlene. Homemade Jam is soooooooo much better than the stiff from the store. You will be loving it later, once you've forgotten how much work it was to make it:)

DATALIG said...

wow....that is cool. Can you send us some samples of your new and famous jams?