Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Speaking Spanish!

Just two days ago, I decided I was going to teach myself Spanish.

So off I went to Barnes and Noble with the two babies (Teancum and Enoch) - that was a mistake! As I was trying to pick out a book, "Spanish for Beginners", "Teach Yourself Spanish", etc. Teancum was trying to get out of the double stroller and Enoch was crying out of boredom. So I quickly grabbed "Spanish for Dummies" but as I flipped through the pages, I realized I was just plain retarded! I did not understand it one bit. Even the English part looked foreign to me. Sheesh. So I didn't buy anything and was packing the kids into the Yukon when I realized I did not know how to close the new double stroller we have (John or the boys always did it for me). I was a mess! Screaming kids and an incompetent mom. It was cold, but I was sweating! I tried calling John (to get instructions over the phone on how to work the stroller) - instead I was greeted with a voicemail. So I called Brian, no answer. I was desperate! Actually, I think I was ready to cry. I can't believe I use to own a baby store! The kids are shouting and I can swear the people in the parking lot are peeking to see what the heck is going on. Finally, a lady came over and asked if I needed help. "Yes!" So as I was trying to calm the baby she was trying to figure out the stroller. One problem, she didn't know how to work it either! So we folded the back chair and lifted the stroller "as is" and fit it in the back of my Yukon. It's situations like this, that makes me grateful for driving a tank. What a relief.

So I head home, ready to give up my quest to teach myself Spanish. But when the going gets rough, I just get tougher! I went to the library (why didn't I think of that earlier???). John came home for lunch and I was on a mission. I found the perfect book!

For the past two days, I have been playing "Jeniffer Lopez, Selena, Marc Anthony, and other Latino singers. Plus I have been repeating all my practice words. It's kind of funny and I am having a riot!

I will update you as the days go by.

YEAH!!! Aprendo el espanol!

1 comment:

Trixie said...

Hola Chica:) Cuando tu necesitas ayuda para hablar espanol, llameme. All the aspostrophe's are missing so it might not make any sense. But have fun learning:)